As most of the artists I have no interest in talking about me, I do rather have my art to speak for me. More than a work, it helps a trans woman with mild autism to relax in a world which honestly is troublesome for people called "Normal", and which is even worse for who is too different.
I like in my arts to do a combination of cuteness and strangeness, I value movement and more important, interactivity. My art also have a influence of music, a common passion to many who have autism. I try to not limit myself to the opinion of others in my works, and at the same time I avoid shocking too much people when showing certain subjects. I feel as if my life could be represented by the famous symbol of yin-yang: Positive and negative, oposing forces which are part of my art. In the beginning I was just very applied to my studies and in a naive way tried to be gentle with other people, but with time I added to that "without losing the love for myself" and "avoiding being victimist" due to what I passed through in life. My life could be much better, but could also be worst.
Some points of my story are:
- I was born in Brazil north in 1990. My family environment was not that stable, but I did not experienced necessity.
- In year 2000 I suffered a particularly damaging bullying, coming from people who were much older than me, because I had won an art contest for the science fair logo from the small city I lived. Probably they were envy. Due to the trauma, I gained a fear of standing out which would last a decade. I was even more weakened due to a growing unhappiness of living in a body incompatible with my gender identity.
- In the meantime I also was target of bullying because of my autism, the same profile of people focused in flaws such as "too slow", "too silent" and "weird" instead of qualities such as inteligence and sensibility. Usually it was a psychological attack, but sometimes it came as far as physical abuse. I started to no longer want to go to school and to see everyone as a potential menage. With time, some traits were slowly polished and the frequency of these incidents reduced.
- I started in 2007 a computer game project which caused a good impression until now, it later would be known as the "Starchild" project. Beyond the coding, I do the arts and part of the musics.
- I entered a graphic design university in 2008, and I finished it in 2010, already with 20 years. Most of my artistic knowledge came from self-learning though. In 2008, while being part of a group of other 2 people I once more won an art contest from the university.
- In 2011 I managed to be one of the semifinalists of the called "sackboy contest" from the famous international site "deviantart". A competition of art concerning a videogame game.
- In 2014 I understood I was a trans woman, and started my transition in 2017, coming out in public about it in 2018. Slowly I felt happier with myself, but at the same time, I received prejudice as expected while I did not became "passable".
- In 2015 I started my studies of the japanese language, first with a private teacher and later at an official institution. The study ended by the end of 2017.
- By the affinity with the music, I studied singing and violin starting in 2017, and I started using what I learnt in my arts.
- At the moment I am in a process of studying for a long period of time art in japan, country which always caught my attention, at Yokohama Design Gakuin.
Without provocation life gave me hatred and hypocrisy since I was a child; I was ruined but yet managed to recover myself and now I give back flowers. As other metaphor says: "From the lemons I did a lemonade". My smiling photo above is my answer to this world.
Last Updated: 2022/02/19