Although I am trans woman, during my research I stumbled upon a few data regarding trans men and ended up becoming friend of at least 2; so I believe I can help those too inexperienced with very basic things.
It seems which it is easier for trans women to gather in groups in share our experiences, perhaps due to our more female mindset supporting that. Trans men on the other side are the opposite, so groups for them seems more scarce. Perhaps the patriarchal society makes them think which to be male you must be emotionally cold and which showing emotions is a "girlish thing"? I do not know, but anyway, the hints I have are:
- Testosterone will change your voice to be male, as it will develop the structure in your trachea. Trans women are not so lucky regarding estrogen.
- Many trans men use "binders" for their breasts, a tissue stripe which compress them. They were also used by women during war to passa as a man and avoid rape. There is a surgery to change your breasts themselves, but I am not sure about the results.
- Many trans men use "packers": A kind of artificial penis which allows a trans men to have a rudimentary way of having sex as a biological male and to pee like one. The more features it have, the more expensive. About the "gender confirmation surgery" for trans men, at least the last time I saw it 2 years ago, the result did not looked that well and had limited functionality and sensibility. The hormone therapy can increase your clitoris but in a limited way; while a lot of skin for the surgery need to be taken from other parts of your body to cover the base for an artificial penis, that led to many scars. Biological men have a lot of genital skin to use at their MtF surgeries, and our gender confirmation surgery is far more advanced in aesthetics, sensibility and functionality. Biological women lack the genital skin necessary for such a surgery.
- Trans men have a certain fame of being "too gentle" for a man and very loyal. Would it be because they still have something female in their brains? Would it be an example of what a man would be if they were allowed to show their feelings and understanding those of others? I do know. All I know is which there is a lot of backstabbing among trans women.
- Be careful when trying to make part of the male world while still giving signs which you was born as a woman, as there is the risk of you getting raped. You can also be target of physical and mental aggression.
- There are reports of people who claim to be trans men only so they can run away from a trauma related to be a woman. Ensure your case is not that one before proceeding with a FtM transition, as some things have no return.
And that is it my dear trans men, for additional information you will need to befriend a trans man which is more ahead in the FtM transition than you, go to your local center for trans people or to a psychologist or endocrinologist which have experience with trans men. Always keep in mind the following: Be careful when choosing a person to befriend, in order to avoid future problems.
Last Updated: 2022/02/13