Those are the educational places I could test, followed by a rating in stars and a review.
Avoid those who are religious if you belong to the LGBT group, and distrust those where the entry process is too easy. If the school customer support is bad, then the school also is. Check at social networks and school site, if one of them is missing or its visitors frequency is low, it is a bad sign. Never forget which many schools are as business, they do not care that much about you or your children. As you are a paying customer/student, make your spent money count and demand respect. Search for other school if needed and you can.
Excellent Good Average Bad Awful
Instituto Nossa Senhora dos Anjos. Abaetetuba, Para, Brasil. 2 Estrelas
a fazem anos, mas eu sofria bullying nessa escola e ninguem fez nada, levou muitos anos para eu me recuperar. Isso diz muito.Colegio Santa Rosa. Belem, Para, Brasil. 1 Estrelas
Escola que visa mais o lucro e ideologias pessoais que o relacionamento com os alunos, professores e pais. Por puro preconceito contra uma pessoa trans, a diretora de 2019 nao quis atualizar o meu historico escolar nem comigo mencionando que uma oficial do governo disse que poderia, o fazendo apenas obrigada pela lei quando a oficial de tao indignada ligou para eles pessoalmente... durante a conversa escutei uma funcionaria dando risadinhas tambem. Na epoca que estudei tiveram coisas como ao menos um caso de pedofilia de um professor com uma aluna, bullying entre alunos sem intervencao da escola e professores que as vezes tinham um colapso nervoso devido a tanto aluno mau educado... palavra de uma de duas das melhores alunas da turma da epoca.Ideal Militar. Belem, Para, Brasil. 1 Estrelas
Era cheio de alunos arrogantes, alguns dos quais praticavam bullying; e tinha inclusive um professor pedofilo na epoca. Os professores as vezes eram estranhos tambem.
Faculdade de Estudos Avancados do Para. Belem, Para, Brasil. 1 Estrelas
Quando estudei ali anos atras o ensino era pessimo. Varios professores nao eram bons, varios outros regulares e apenas alguns bons; tinha gente que parecia ter sido apenas jogada ali sem experiencia nenhuma em ensinar, as faltas de membro da equipe eram maiores que o usual e teve uma professora que nao era boa mas virou coordenadora. Fizeram ate uma festa e formatura com os canudos sem diploma algum, so para se promoverem, entregaram os diplomas mesmo bem depois.
Na epoca tiveram dificuldades para serem autorizados pelo MEC, o curso nem *autorizacao do MEC tinha na epoca*; apos um esforco monumental conseguiram a autorizacao. As aulas de informatica eram mau aproveitadas, e varias vezes eu sabia mais que os professores em dado assunto; eu sinto que perdi 3 anos de minha vida. O que falo pode ser confirmado por todos da turma de minha epoca, alguns ate sairam antes da conclusao do curso. Hoje em dia tem curso melhor de Design grafico em outros lugares de Belem.
Na epoca nao foi dificil ser admitida porque eles queriam alunos. A parada de onibus na frente as vezes era perigosa, mas no geral bem movimentada.
Castilla Curso de Idiomas. Belem, Para, Brasil. 1 estrelas
Escola de idiomas transfobica. Eu pedi um segunda via de certificado poucos anos atras e me chamavam sempre pelo nome de nascenca e nao o nome retificado, o amigo que fez o processo por mim inclusive mencionou que nao deveriam fazer isso e fizeram questao de continuar chamando pelo nome de nascenca e nao o retificado; ou seja, era proposital. Com o testemunho do meu amigo eu poderia os processar, mas eles nao valem o meu tempo; mas deixarei uma avaliacao mostrando a verdade. Em outro site famoso de avaliacoes ta cheio de "avaliacoes positivas" de pessoas que so fizeram 1 avaliacao; possivelmente gente que trabalha la ou foi paga para isso. A resposta deles as reclamacoes e tao ridicula que chega a ser engracada, e isso diz muito sobre uma "empresa".Yokohama Design College. Yokohama, Kanagawa, Japao. 3 estrelas
Compared to other japanese language schools, I have noticed flaws and qualities already; but I am still finishing my application process. Once I study there for a while I will convert the neutral 3 stars rating to a final positive or negative rating and will provide details.Sapporo Japanese Language Institute. Sapporo, Hokkaido, Japao. 2 estrelas
I tried to go there just before the corona pandemic started, I was at the final steps of the application when the corona pandemic hit and I luckily ended giving up. At first I was supported by a very kind customer support person, but soon they handed it over to other person which I do not know if the person was intentionally rude or the person just did not noticed. Even if the person does not notice, why the school put that person in charge of the bulk of the application process? The school since 2020 also stopped being advertised by the site gogonihon.com; that is suspicious. I asked for a refund of the application costs because the original reason I did not concluded the applications was the pandemic and not purely myself, but they did gave it. They did not even said if I would be exempt of it if I finished my application later although I asked them about it.
At other famous reviews site there are also some negative reviews, although not as bad as those of some of other schools, it seems to be an school with some qualities at least. It seems to be capable of teaching some japanese, but it will only benefit those who want to seek the role of english/japanese teachers. If your professional goals are others, seek elsewhere.
I cannot say it was my worst experience though, but it shared some common traits with other language schools; such as not understanding or writing english well (while claiming to be an international school) and the need for an applicant to ask the same question more than once to get a answer; as sometimes the questions just "disappear" without answer as if they never existed.Hamamatsu Japanese Language College. Hamamatsu, Shizuoka, Japan. 1 estrelas
Another arrogant "japanese language school" which wants easy money, ignoring your e-mails if you make too much questions or the "wrong questions" to make sure they really deserve your money. Below are the details regarding their "online support" (therefore called "they"):
* I filled out an inquiry at the site requesting the documents, but the documents never came, so I contacted them online only to discover they didn't even received the inquiry from their own site, I had to tell them again information I already provided before.
* Among them I was asked my phone number(again) before they sent the documents, but before I told them they replied saying they had already sent the documents, so why ask the phone number?
* The mail tracking code sent to me was incomplete, I figured by myself it needed "JP" at its end, only then I could track how long the mail would take to arrive at my country
* They were quick and helpful at first, addressing most of my many doubts regarding HJLC and surroundings, but gradually their average reply time increased from 1 up to 30 days, then suddenly they didn't even bothered to reply anymore. I guess they expected me to just receive the documents, fill them, send back and pay the college cost; not to need to answer so many questions before receiving any money, not sure if also due to that they thought I was not serious about enrolling.
* It soon became obvious they were having trouble both understanding english and writting it, I was advised to not enter in contact by phone as it would be actually worse. Then why an english language button at their site? That button should mean their support is prepared for english speaking applicants. The english brochure and site version is inferior to the japanese counterparts also.
* That makes one think they may not be prepared for cultural differences which may result in misunderstoodments if an online support staff is not prepared to understand applicants from occidental countries.
* But what displeased more was which I took the time to report to them valuable details about issues at their english site and documentation, and which I was patient with the mistakes they made during our conversations, but even so, in the end(as told above), they seemed to just not care anymore, and I didn't even sent my educational records yet, so they could not judge me fully yet.Kansai College Of Business & Languages. Osaka, Osaka, Japao. 1 estrelas
Another arrogant "japanese language school" which wants easy money, ignoring your e-mails if you make too much questions or the "wrong questions" to make sure they really deserve your money.
Schools | Universities | Courses
Last Updated: 2022/02/11